Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kick-Ass

Movies like this are why I grew to enjoy Nicholas Cage as an actor. Honestly. This was a great movie. It was a solid blend of action, dark comedy, and pathos. This is just going to be a quick review. I could make it one sentence. "Go see this movie." But I'll expand a little. This movie was bloodier than I expected, but it mostly comes from Big Daddy and Hit Girl. If they're not on-screen, you're fairly safe. Unfortunately, Kick-Ass does get pushed to the side a little in his own movie, but in exchange, you get the awesome action sequences involving Big Daddy and Hit Girl. This is destined to be one of the best superhero movies ever, and probably the among best comic book-based movies, too. As I said, the movie has some rather bloody moments, and the humour gets rather dark at parts, so if you don't mind those, I cannot recommend this movie to you enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment